1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
So, Today's is on Stretch.
Ready
Set
GO!
Before you do anything athletic you are suppose to Stretch! I will admit I don't all the time. But it's so we are safe from pulled muscles and other muscle pains. Yes, Some stretches hurt and others don't. Others are fun and others are not. Some are because you want to, and others are because you are forced to.
But we all know we have to stretch. We don't want to end up in the hospital. So we stretch because we know it will help us. And So then, why do we pray? So can help us? Yes. We Pray when we need help, or a simple thank you. Some prayers we pray are easy to say, and others hurt us to say; Some prayers are joyful and others are not. Some prayers are because we want to pray, and other prayers are because we don't know where to turn.
So Just as it is important to stretch before a game or an activity or simply a Jog, It's also IMPORTANT to pray before we start are day, during our day, and when we end our day. I will be the first to say, that I don't always pray, just as I don't always stretch and then regret it after a game. I need and want to talk to God More!
STOP!
Thats it, Hope you enjoyed.... Sorry, I'm a slow at writing.... :P
great analogy...so true...both in exercise and in life...blessings to you~
ReplyDeleteThank You! It's to often when we need both, prayer and a good ol' strech!
DeleteVery true! Those time when it's difficult to pray are the times when I probably most need to.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Lisa-Jo's, and don't worry--I write slowly, too! :)
Yeah, it seems like in the times of when we most need to pray, we often forget to pray. And yay! At least i'm not the only slow one :P
Delete