Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Faith!

      Today, I just don't know what to write about. I woke up, turned on my computer, sat down, and my mind went blank. I just had nothing on my mind to write about. So then I went to my handy-dandy bible, That always helps me, to find SOMETHING to write about.

So, with an optimistic mind I turned to Matthew 5, 6 and 7 ( My favorite part of Matthew and possibly the bible.) And I read all the stories and i think I've blogged about them all... Possibly twice.... So I was stuck. K, so then I thought maybe if I stare out the my window long enough, something will come to me. Because I always find God in nature. But not today. I didn't know what to do. Then, all of a sudden I thought of a conversation I had with someone yesterday, and it stuck to me  because I thought about last night all night.



      One of my friends that i haven't talked to in ages added me on facebook a few days ago. And so I accepted the friend request. No hi, no nothing just got to his point quickly. This is what my friend had to say, "Michael, I don't believe in christ jesus or god i am atheist what do you have to say about that mr priest?" And my response was simple, "All I have to say is that it is your choice to believe or not to believe.... God will come into your life soon enough" I know it might have not been the best answer. But it was my answer and I stand by it. But I was very surprised by what my friend said because knowing everything that had happen to him in the last 3 years is just amazing.


God shows himself, to all of us at different times, some when we are young and some when they are older. My friend is the same age as me, we use to be in the same grade. Yes, I could have tried and made him see the great things of being a Catholic and all the things Jesus does for us and quote and un quote from the bible. But that wasn't necessary. I didn't need to. All I thought i had to say was, It's your choice, But god will reveal himself to you soon.


I pondered on this, all night. Thinking about stuff thats happened to him and then thought of why wouldn't he still trust in God. But then he was one to question everything, and be iffy about this stuff. And I could see before that it could lead to this one day. And I got saddened that he couldn't hold his ground as a catholic. But it's not my choice or my say what religion people are.

Jesus told them,"Because you have seen me, you have believed; Blessed are those who have not seen yet have believed"
John 20: 29



What would you have said? To someone who would say that to you. I know you don't have the whole story of his life, but it's not my job to let the whole world know it. But What would you have said.... I'm curious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you for reading this. Please leave a comment or suggestion below. May God, the Father almighty be with you and inspire you to do many great things in your life :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

EMAIL

If you would like a blog post done on a topic or you have a fav saint and want to learn more: i'll to the research so you can enjoy :) SO send me an email at:

lifeofusandsaints@gmail.com