Wednesday, August 22, 2012

When We Are Called

Today, I was Alter Serving for a funeral at my parish. The founding priest of the parish had past away, and his will was that his funeral would be At our parish. So we had the Archbishop and about 20 other priests come, with the large crowed of course. He also had in his will all the songs and readings for the mass today. 

One line from the Gospel stood out like never before. I've always heard it at mass; Every year. I read it all the time in the bible; all the time but this one line stood out more than ever before:


"And I will go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may be where I am. You Know the way to the place I am going."

John 14: 3-4

It Just hit me; like a wall of understanding. I just got it. Yeah, I've always, "got it" But today I Got It. I understood it. I knew it. Everything seemed like I knew it for a lone time. So this is what hit me: 

Jesus didn't have to leave this earth. No he didn't. He did to prepare a place for US.SO that we may live with him forever. He did it because he loves us. He wants the best so he does the best. So he left so that we may have the best. Because he cared and he wants us to confess on our tongues that he his lord God with out us seeing him.
Jesus left, heaven because God sent him;because he loves us. Ever since Jesus was born he knew that he would die and suffer. Jesus could have done so many things differently so that he wouldn't have to die, but he did. He did for us. And that's what counts. 

It's when we are called is when he will come back. When our time is done, he will take us by the hand and bring us to our room of dwelling, Our room of where we can live happily. Jesus calls us at different times. When we are done are mission here then we may go back to him. Jesus wants US ALL. Not matter what! He knows we are sorry for our sins, And he will forgive us. 
Jesus wants us to recognize our sins. Why, to make us conscience about things around us and people we meet. He does it so that he may bring us into his kingdom. When we recognize our sins, it's we say them to Jesus and when we say them to Jesus he knows we believe so then he can take us to his kingdom. 

I didn't know this priest that well. I met him at the 50th anniversary Mass at my parish. He was nice, seemed caring seemed to like me. I'm not sure if he had remembered me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you for reading this. Please leave a comment or suggestion below. May God, the Father almighty be with you and inspire you to do many great things in your life :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

EMAIL

If you would like a blog post done on a topic or you have a fav saint and want to learn more: i'll to the research so you can enjoy :) SO send me an email at:

lifeofusandsaints@gmail.com